Welcome to the website for Heartland Crossing HOA!
As we work to bring you a website full of details and information about Heartland Crossing HOA we encourage you to come back often as we will be enhancing the website as we add additional content and information. You can click here to register for the site, which will allow you to access neighbor-only areas and information.
Pay Your Dues Online
To pay your bill online, please choose your association below:
Most of you have watched the news or have heard about coyotes being spotted in central Indiana in the last couple months. Please be careful with your pets and children playing outside. If you spot a coyote or have any questions feel free to contact the animal control in the county you live in:
Marion County 327-4622
Hendricks County 745-9250
Morgan County 765-349-9177
Posted Mar 05, 2014
It is that time of year again where winter has left the streets full of potholes. If you notice any potholes in the community please contact the county street and highway department where the pothole is located:
Morgan County: 831-7989
Hendricks County: 745-9227
Posted Feb 20, 2014
INDIANAPOLIS – A Marion-County partnership is trying to curb accidental gun injuries and deaths by making it harder for Hoosiers to misuse a firearm.
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday it’s teaming up with the Indianapolis Public Library to give away gun locks.
Free gun locks will be available at six Indianapolis libraries:
• Central Library: 40 E. St. Clair St.
• Southport Branch: 2630 E. Stop 11 Road
• Glendale Branch: 6101 N. Keystone Avenue
• Brightwood Branch: 2435 N. Sherman Dr.
• Irvington Branch: 5625 E. Washington St.
• West-Indianapolis Branch: 1216 S. Kappes St.
Free gun locks will also be available here:
• Beech Grove Firearms: 3020 S. Emerson Avenue, Beech Grove, Ind.
• Riley Children’s Hospital Safety Store: 705 Riley Hospital Dr., Indianapolis
“The Indianapolis Public Library is a natural partner for distribution of these free gun locks, not only because they provide access to these gun locks evenly throughout the community, but also because they are a place of learning and education. Picking up one of these free gun locks is a great reason to take advantage of many of the services that the Library has to offer,” said Sheriff John Layton, “It is our duty, however, to do everything that we can to cut down on unintentional gun injury and harm, and this is one more step towards gun education and safety.”
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office Gun Lock Giveaway program has provided more than 5,000 free gun locks throughout the community since 2011.
Posted Feb 18, 2014
The City’s Office of Sustainability and Keep Indianapolis Beautiful Inc. have rescheduled their 8th annual Post Holiday Recycling Event for Saturday, February 15, 2014 from 10am-2pm. The event was originally scheduled for January 11th, but was postponed due to the recent winter storm.
Collection sites include the following:
Broad Ripple Park
Items accepted for recycling include the following:
Live Christmas Trees
Posted Feb 12, 2014
TRASH SERVICE RESUMES TOMORROW ON SLIDE SCHEDULE
DOUBLE PICK-UPS MONDAY AND TUESDAY NEXT WEEK
INDIANAPOLIS –The Indianapolis Department of Public Works (DPW) today announced that residential trash, heavy trash and curbside recycling service will resume tomorrow, January 30, operating on a slide schedule. Regular Wednesday pick-ups will be tomorrow. Thursday pick-ups will be Friday, and regular Friday pick-ups will be Saturday, February 1.
Those whose regular trash service days were cancelled Monday and Tuesday this week due to extreme cold will have double pick-ups Monday and Tuesday next week. Those with cart routes will be allowed an additional 10 bags, and those on bag routes will be allowed 20 total bags of trash on their regular trash pick-up day.
All services will return to normal Wednesday, February 5.
Altered Trash Schedule
Thursday, January 30 – Regular Wednesday Routes
Friday, January 31 – Regular Thursday Routes
Saturday, February 1 – Regular Friday Routes
Monday, February 3 – Double Pick-Up for Regular Monday Routes
Tuesday, February 4 – Double Pick-Up for Regular Tuesday Routes
For more information or to report any trash related issues, please use RequestIndy online or the mobile application on your smart phone, visit www.indy.gov/dpw or call the Mayor’s Action Center at 317-327-4MAC.
Posted Jan 29, 2014
SUBZERO TEMPERATURES SUSPEND TRASH COLLECTION
INDIANAPOLIS –Due to subzero temperatures, the Department of Public Works is suspending residential trash, heavy trash and curbside recycling on Friday, January 24. Crews have been experiencing delays throughout the day because of the way these dangerous freezing temperatures impact equipment and our crew members.
Trash collection is already on a slide schedule as a result of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. Thursday routes will be collected Saturday, January 25, and Friday routes will be collected on Sunday, January 26. Routes that were not completed today because of freezing temperatures will resume on Saturday, January 25. If your route is not completed, please leave trash out for collection the following day, weather permitting. With inclement weather in the forecast residents are encouraged to make trash collection as accessible as possible by clearing snow and ice away from trash.
Altered Trash Schedule
Original Pick-up Day Altered Pick-up Day
Wednesday pick-up will be on Saturday (1/25)
Thursday Pick-up will be on Saturday (1/25)
Friday pick-up will be on Sunday (1/26)
Posted Jan 24, 2014
Hendricks, Marion, & Morgan Counties are currently under a Winter Weather Advisory starting this evening (Friday at 7pm until Saturday at 6pm). Please see below for the latest up to date information:
Latest Information 12.13.2013 1100hrs
1. Winter Storm Advisory in effect from 7 pm this evening to 6pm Saturday (12.14) per the National Weather Service
2. Accumulations: widespread 4 to 6 inches (This may change)
3. Timing: Precipitation will start later this evening and continue into the day tomorrow
1. Hendricks, Marion & Morgan Counties currently is under the risk for an accumulation of 4 to 6 inches of snow accumulations may be higher in the north part of the counties.
2. Roads are always a primary concern as travel may become very dangerous during the height of the storm.
Emergency Management Actions
1. Emergency Management will continue to provide situation awareness (as needed or if forecast changes) and will coordinate resources if requests occur.
2. Emergency Management may issue Travel Advisories if situations warrant. (Travel Advisory Information from IDHS: http://www.in.gov/dhs/traveladvisory/)
Posted Dec 13, 2013
The lights located at the corner of Heartland Blvd. and Raceway Rd. are currently not working at this time due to the lines underground disconnecting. We are working on the problem and hope to have the lights fixed shortly.
Posted Dec 12, 2013
Trick or Treating for all of Heartland Crossing will be from 6:30pm to 8pm. on Friday, November 1st.
Here are a few safety tips for your children…
· Give and accept wrapped or packaged candy only
· Only go to houses that you know the owner.
· Have children bring treats home for adult inspection before they are eaten.
· A parent or adult should accompany children when they are trick-or-treating.
· Carry a flashlight.
· Stay within your neighborhood; only visit homes you know.
· Use make-up or face paint instead of masks. If masks are used, make sure the child has good visibility
· Choose costumes that are flame retardant.
· Wear light-colored clothing, short enough to prevent tripping. Add reflective tape to dark colored costumes.
· Watch for vehicle traffic and use caution when crossing the street.
Posted Oct 30, 2013
Join us on October 31, 5:30-8 PM for the HALLOWEEN BASH! We will have food, outdoor movie, bounce houses, candy, candy, and more CANDY! The BASH will be located at Valley Mills Christian Church 5555 Kentucky Ave. Indianapolis Indiana 46221. Wear your favorite costume, bring your friends and get ready for some fun for the whole family!
Posted Oct 29, 2013